Wedding and Event Planner WordPress Theme
Hi, and welcome to the Heartbeat User Guide. The User Guide covers all the information needed to use the Heartbeat theme to build an amazing website, as well as some helpful tips and tricks that will make your experience working with the Heartbeat theme easier and more enjoyable. If you need any additional assistance while using our theme, you can always submit a ticket to our support forum at http://www.fragrancetheme.com/ and our support team will be glad to help you out.
You can do it in two ways:
Download the Theme archive and extract the files it contains.
Using an FTP client to access your host web server.
- Unzip the heartbeat.zip archive, put its contents (folder called heartbeat) in the wp-content/themes directory provided by WordPress.
- Go to Appearance>Themes, find Heartbeat and activate it.
Navigate to Appearance > Add New > Themes Upload. Go to browser, and select the zipped theme folder. Hit Install Now and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it. Go to Appearance>Themes and activate your chosen theme.
After you install the theme on the Home Page you will see your latest posts on the Home Page.
Required plugins installation
This step is very important, because your theme functionality depends on these settings, so please follow this section carefully. At the top of the Admin / Appearance page there will be a message with installation/activation link:
Details of the work with the plugins, you can read its documentation Learn more about Visual Composer,Learn more about Slider Revolution
Click Install/Activate for the recommended plugins: plugins we highly suggest to install and activate that Heartbeat Theme requires them to work properly:
- Fragrance Theme Extensions;
- WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer);
- Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer;
- Meta Box;
- Contact Form 7;
- WP Mega Menu;
Recommended plugins (based on sections of the theme you want to use):
- WooCommerce (for shop site);
- Woo Product Images Slider;
- WooCommerce Quantity Increment;
Updating premium plugins
Each theme update will contain latest version for premium plugins. You need to update the theme to latest version and you will get latest updates of premium plugins bundled with Heartbeat. These plugins can be updated automatically however they require to purchase them which you don’t need to.
Automatic updates for premium plugins are not available! They are only supported for users that have purchased plugin’s license. However, each theme update contains latest version of premium plugins.
Below is the information about how you can update your theme, our instructions, warnings, and recommendations.
Manual theme update:
- Download latest package;
- Go to appearance > themes and activate any other theme (e.g. – one of the standard);
- Delete old theme;
- Install the theme from newest package.
The following things will NOT be affected if you update the theme:
- All settings you applied through the admin panel (in appearance, settings, tools etc.);
- Content of your site (pages, posts, media files, portfolio items etc.);
Important! Please keep in mind that if you apply changes to any files in the theme (customization), those changes will be lost after update. That is why we strongly recommend using child theme if you are planing to customize the theme!
Heartbeat Theme comes with demo data. Demo content of our theme can be imported with the help of 'One Click Demo Import' plugin and dummy data file. Below you can find the instructions on how to do that.
You can upload demo-data.xml file and use templates or create new ones using the Heartbeat elements from Fragrance.
If you plan to build an online shop with Heartbeat, first install the Woocommerce plugin. If you do not plan to use shop layouts, you will receive an import error. This will mean that the demo products were not imported, just skip this notification
- Navigate to Plugins -> Add new.
- Find and install "One Click Demo Import" plugin. Activate it.
- Go to Appearance -> Import Demo Data and Select dummy data file. Find it in the folder import > heartbeat-data.xml
- When the demo import finished you can delete plugins "One Click Demo Import".
WordPress will download all the content for the demo and then you will get a message saying that everything has been installed.
Be aware that downloading dummy content may take some time, it depends on your internet connection and server performance.
If you get a white screen or some other error when trying to import our demo content, this probably happens because of the maximum execution time limit. You need to increase the maximum execution time (upload time) setting of your web server. The default maximum execution time on web servers is 30 seconds. Please increase it to 600 seconds. Possible ways of achieving this are:
- By Wp-config.php changes - set_time_limit(600);
- In htaccess - php_value max_execution_time 600;
- In php.ini file - max_execution_time = 600
Ask your hosting provider to take care of this for you.
You will get all the pages from the demo. You can combine and change the layout as you wish. For easier copying of an element, you can save rows and / or sections into templates.
- Select the desired row. Click edit row.
- In the settings window that opens, click Element Setting > Save as Template.
- Enter Template title and click Save Changes.
Now you can add entire sections from templates you have saved at once.
Import Revolution Slider
After you have installed the plugins, you can import the sliders. To do this,
- Navigate to Slider Revolution
- Click Import Slider and choose one of pre-defined sliders in the folder import > Rev Slider
After that, the selected slider will be available for use. For more details on how to edit slider images and text, see here.
Slider names match import file names.
Setting up the static Home Page
Select page from pre-designed templates that are available if you downloaded demo-data file.
After this in menu under Settings -> Reading have the default options set to “A Static Page” and select your home page.
This theme uses the new custom post options to display specific page templates and posts. Each page template is created by selecting a page template from Page attributes panel.
Configuration of the Blog page
Create a page, give it a name. In the Attributes page, select Blog Layout. In the Page Setup you open settings.
Here you enter the number for the desired number of posts on the page and check the category that you want to display.
To create a Masonry layout, choose Full Width Page template and build page with Visual Composer, use Heartbeat Grid Post Element.
To create a new blog post, go to Posts > Add New from your WordPress admin panel. First, you need to enter a title for your blog post in the text field near the top of the screen. Then choose a format for your blog post in the Format section on the right side of the screen.
At the bottom of the post creation page you will find the fields that are needed so that each type of post is displayed correctly.
If you want to display information about the author, you need go to Users > Your Prodile and fill out information about the author. For each profile is filled separately.
Settings for the portfolio are similar to the blog settings.
Each Portfolio Item created with VC. So you can copy the desired layout and fill it with your data. To make the page builder available for posts, navigate to WPBakery Page Builder > Role Manager > Post types > Custom and check post.
- Open the desired layout from the existing data in the demo.
- Switch to classic mode and copy the entire code.
- Create a new post and paste the copied code.
- Set post featured image and assign a category.
- In the settings bellow set Portfolio Item's details.
- Add category and share buttons by adding element Heartbeat Portfolio Info.
The Portfolio section of the Portfolio Layout is used to set the width and height parameters for the posts that you want to use to display in Heartbeat Portfolio Metro element.
All data is available, if you downloaded the file heartbeat-data.xml. Below you can see an example of setting the portfolio used in the demo site.
Use data file demo-one-page.xml.
For this purpose in Row Settings set ID. You need to set it for the section, and then in the menu to create a link with the same name. Example:
Support includes installation guidance, bugs fixing, and general problem solving with features explained on the theme’s official sales page.
If you think the documentation is not complete or some things you do not understand, please contact us so that we can complement it.
Support does not include:
- solving problems for plugins not packaged with our framework and themes;
- plugins integration;
- adding new features or extending the features currently available;
- changing colors and/or images;
- any type of modification or customization;
- change the layout markup.
If you need any additional assistance while using our theme, you can always submit a ticket to our support forum at http://www.fragrancetheme.com/ and our support team will be glad to help you out.